Sometimes the journey of life seems too hard to travel; I have said so, many times in my mind. I don’t let the thoughts or words be the end of things, I pull up my socks and take a step forward. Many times I don’t know where the step will land but I know it can’t get any worse than what it is…this is when I BELIEVE and I DREAM the DREAM.
We are all different and in many ways the same. Our stories have different titles, plots and characters but the struggles are there either hidden or obvious and a part of life for most people.
I try to empower people on their journey in life and I believe choices and change are a part of life but the important part is how we survive the challenges that force the choices and change.
This is a new year, 2013 and it could be any year or any time when a
new beginning is created from an ending.
The dreams I have and had for my life have changed over time. Sometimes, my dreams were for other people and family members to have all of the good things in life. One thing that saddens me is the realization I cannot make anything better for anyone else. I can, make myself better and in so doing lead by example.
My words for you this new year are the same as what I remind myself of;
- BELIEVE and DREAM the DREAM.
- Pay attention to the doors that open on your journey.
- Say yes to the invites you get; you don’t know where they will lead you.
- Believe in yourself even when no one else does.
- “This is your life too”…so I was told one time when I had important decisions to make.
- Listen to your heart.
- Every day find something to be grateful for…this may be hard at first but do it!
I never imagined I would be an inspiration to someone when all along I did what I felt I had to do to survive. You too can be an inspiration to others.
All my best to you,