A few times in the past week I have been asked about relationship loss and since I deal with grief, I am providing a few ideas to ponder over:
- What are you afraid of when looking at life without your past partner?
- What past coping skills helped you move beyond perceived road blocks?
- Perhaps there have been times in life when you were supportive of others; have you asked others to help you now?
- What might “help” look like?
– Someone to talk with before making a decision
– Someone to listen while you bounce ideas and options off them
– Someone who enables you to hear your thoughts out loud and perhaps give you a second opinion to contemplate…not tell you what to do!