Recently a friend disclosed how 4 recent losses have caused him to rethink how he lived his life and how he interacted with others, including the world around him. This brought me to thinking and was the catalyst for this blog post.
I have noticed on several occasions, family and friends making drastic changes in their lives after the death of someone close to them or with several deaths in a short span of time. What thoughts were going on in their mind to cause then, in some cases to make life altering changes?
Perhaps thoughts of;
- Life is too short to not enjoy it now.
- If I don’t connect with family and friends now when will I do it?
- What is really important to me; things or family and friends?
- Is what I am doing bringing me joy and happiness?
- This job is going to kill me; therefore how important is the money?
- What am I saving my money for; I need to take the trips and vacations now!
Do you have to wait for life to bring death to your door steps before you live the life you want to live? What does the life you want to live look like for you? What is important to you?
I was once told “this life is for you too”. I realize you don’t know what life has in store for you BUT you can start to make different decisions and taking steps toward a different outcome or NOT!
When you are old (whatever that age is for you) and look back on your life will you be able to say “I did it my way?” Will you be proud of who you were? If not, choose differently now and be the person you want to be.
Take a risk, be adventurous, be all that you can be…Go for it!
Life really is too short for many people, don’t waste your opportunities to be happy and shine.
Share your thoughts and others will start to live life also.
All my best,
Image courtesy of Jomphong / FreeDigitalPhotos.net