How long have you been doing what you do?
I feel I have been offering grief and loss support in a variety of ways for a life time. “Officially”, I graduated as a mature student from King’s University College at University of Western Ontario in 2010.
Who are your clients, exactly?
To name a few;
- parents, mothers/fathers, grandparents, sisters/brothers etc.
- perinatal loss/miscarriage clients and their supporters
- abortion clients and those affected by an abortion
How are you different from other thanatologists/grief counselors or grief specialists?
I provide a generalized service to businesses, organizations and individuals through seminars that cover the basic components of loss and grief experienced by many people.
I offer retreat weekends for those experiencing grief and loss but, with an added touch.
I listen to more than what is said and make the individual feel comfortable in my space as if being wrapped in a warm blanket; focusing on grief, loss and death can be this comfortable.
Who do you work best with?
I work best with someone who is open to listening and/or discussing loss components in life.
Currently my focus is on adults.
Who is good for my services?
I will expand on this; there are people who are afraid or apprehensive about being with others who talk about loss but, at the same time, choose to make a decision to change one small thing in their life, to take one small step at a time; this person is GOOD for my services.
What results can I expect when working with you?
As a client you can expect; to really look at what is bothering you, what is difficult in your life, where is the real concern for you – and be changed from this experience.
As a seminar participant, you can expect to learn more about how loss and grief affect many people in your life; family, friends, outsiders, well-wishers and yourself to name a few.
Expect answers to questions such as;
- Where did my friends go?
- When is loss a “secret”?
- What part does fear play when a person experiences a loss?
- Why are people reluctant to talk about death and loss?
- Why does someone react the way they do before, during and after a loss?
Can I contact some former clients to see what it was like to work with you?
- You can review the testimonials on my website
- Confidentiality is very important for me from a professional regulatory perspective and for clients who choose to have one on one counseling or attend grief and loss retreat weekends. I am certain you can appreciate my strict adherence to this policy.
How quickly can I expect results with a one on one counseling?
Depends on several variables such as; what you classify as results, what your current emotional state is, what type of loss you have experienced plus possibly more concerns. We would talk and do an assessment prior to any actual “working together”.
How can I guarantee myself you will be of help to me?
First, there are no guarantees in life.
Second, do the “work” required of you, talk about your concerns and losses and you will make progress.
Will I see results from working with you?
Yes, when you do the work and processing losses is work, you will gradually experience greater feelings of wellness, joy, laughter, improved self-care, improved relationships…and more.
I know you are the one I want to learn from or work with. What are my options for getting started?
You can call to book an appointment for one on one counselling
Additional options include:
- You can sign up for the monthly newsletter
- You can attend one of the several seminars listed on the web site
- You can attend a grief and loss retreat
- You can have a presentation done at your place of employment, business or organization
Ok, I know what program or service I want. How do I get started?
Great! You have decided to move forward, to take action. Here is what you do….send an email with your contact information to email@example.com .
I’m not sure I’m ready to get started with you, how can I sample your work to see if you are right for me?
Not sure yet,
One way is to attend a seminar
One way is to see if there is a support group being offered by me in your area
One way is to sign up for the newsletter/e-zine
One way is to meet with me and go from there
Okay, I’m ready to do this myself, but I have a couple of questions. Can I call you?
Good, sounds like you are ready to take a step.
Yes, you can reach me at 519-637-8458 or firstname.lastname@example.org