Welcome to Healing a Heart’s Loss
Do you have:
- Feelings of sadness, numbness, confusion, being overwhelmed?
- Crying spells?
- Periods of not sleeping?
- Feeling you are going 90 miles an hour to nowhere?
- An avoidance of others?
What you are experiencing is most likely “normal grief”!
There is no right or wrong way to grieve but telling your story of loss is a powerful tool in healing.
Retelling your story helps you to express your concerns, worries and deep feelings; along with helping to gradually remember details that may have been pushed aside as a way to cope with the loss at the time. To heal from your grief a safe place with an understanding listener is needed.
Supportive people to talk with who will listen are;
- A close nonjudgmental friend
- Pastor or clergy person
- Support groups (specific to your loss is the best)
- One on one counseling
- Online grief supports that encourage healing in some way …CAUTION!!!
Be aware or cautious of groups that continuously focus on negativity, depression and sadness. Yes, these can be components of grief but to stay stuck in this environment does not create wellness on any level.
Barbara invites you to further explore the website to learn more about her and the services she offers such as; counseling, workshops, presentations and more.